Innovative, accessible, multi-functional, modular: the new exhibitions park and convention centre of Toulouse (France) is worthy of a name that matches the quality of its facilities.
That name will be « MEETT ». The Toulouse Métropole Development Agency and the Toulouse Convention Bureau, along Toulouse Evénements (GL events Group) have recently taken advantage of the IBTM World Show in order to announce the official launch of this exceptional site to the international business travel community. The official name was unveiled on 3 December during an extensive on-site visit.
A unique site and a range of world-class services
Due to be opened in June 2020, and with buildings works already well-advanced, it is now able to fully present the major highlights of this mixed-use venue that is unique in Europe, because it has both an Exhibition Park and a Convention Centre on the same place.
Boasting state-of-the-art facilities and an architecture that is resolutely modern, designed by Rem Koolhas (OMA), the Exhibition and Convention Centre will have the capacity to adapt to events of any scale, including the most ambitious, thanks to the following features:
• The Exhibition Park is a continuous hall of 40 000 sqm which can divided in 7 halls, complete with two Mezzanines and a covered central and main street of 14 000 sqm, which provides a link to the convention centre.
• A convention centre of 15,000 sqm capable of accommodating up to 3,400 people for plenary sessions, which is made up of a 9,000 sqm multi-use space and 12 modular meeting rooms.
• 25,000 sqm of outdoor exhibition space that will be able to host demonstrations, large-scale installations, entertainments or events in the open air.
• An on-site hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn, offering a capacity of 289 rooms, which will round off a global hotel offer in Toulouse that can accommodate more than 42,000 people spread across its hotels, aparthotels and on-line rentals.
• Optimum access: 5,000 parking spaces indoors and outdoors; a tramway stop on site that provides access to Toulouse Blagnac Airport (No.1 business airport in France) in just 15 minutes and a direct connection to the city centre in 40 minutes.
Toulouse: a key destination for organisers of congresses and conventions
The bustling epicentre of the Occitanie region, Toulouse, European City of Science in 2018, is a dynamic and attractive international city with a legendary quality of life. The global capital of aeronautics and the Space industry, a leader in France for R&D, a well-renowned science hub, for a number of years now it has featured on the list of key destinations offering excellence when it comes to hosting
scientific congresses. Evidence of this can be found in its ranking as the 4th city in France according to the ICCA classification even before this new major facility arrives.
The Metropolis of Toulouse and all its partners (Occitanie Region, the Haute-Garonne Department, Tisséo), alongside their delegate body Toulouse Evénements/Gl events, are working together to launch MEETT onto the market, showcasing of the economic dynamism of this area.
The Convention Bureau of the Development Agency, whose specific missions are to facilitate, support and accompany the establishment of events here, also allows project leaders to benefit from an expertise with regards to their requirements and a comprehensive range of associated skills and services.
A major player in the field of events in Occitanie, Toulouse Événements – the local subsidiary of the events leader GL events – is established in its position as a major economic force in the city and the wider region. By managing its 3 sites (the Pierre Baudis Congres Centre, Espaces Vanel, Exhibitions Park) and more than 250 events per year, Toulouse Événements ensures that this destination enjoys a genuine economic impact far beyond its borders. Thanks to the many investments it has carried out, the savoir-faire of its teams in the field of hosting national and international events and this current ongoing project for the forthcoming exhibitions park and convention centre, Toulouse Événements offers great potential for development to the Toulouse destination by constantly improving its competitive edge.
Toulouse Métropole development agency www.toulouseatout.com
Toulouse Convention Bureau www.meetings-toulouse.com
Toulouse Evénements – GL events https://toulouse-evenements.com
Supported by the European Society of Association Executives (ESAE) and the Union of International Associations (UIA), Headquarters Magazines serve the needs of international associations organizing worldwide congresses.
Supported by the European Management Assistants Association (EUMA), European Cities Marketing (ECM) and Site, MIM Europe is designed for corporate meetings and incentives planners based all over Europe.